Friday, January 30, 2009

fear and happiness


"each time we choose safety, we reinforce fear"
Cheri Huber


let go


stop holding on to safety


you will find happiness in the end


All pictures are by Ryan McGinley


Last night I was scared to go snowmobiling with my husband in the dark in some deep deep snow ( 2 more inches and we'll beat the record high of snowfall in January since the 70's).  I was holding onto the safety of which my warm home provides and the safety of not taking any chances on a snowmobile.  Finally, I decided NOT to hold onto this safety and I went snowmobiling.  I had so much fun!  Yes, I did crash into a tree LOL, but I didn't get hurt.  I ended up seeing something that I wasn't expecting- my husband's sweet and caring side for me.  I need to remind myself to not hold onto safety- let go- and find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment